1. 本试卷共有8页, 4个部分，86小题，满分120分，考试时限120分钟。
1.A B C 2.A B C
3.A B C 4.A B C
5.A B C
6. What’s the girl’s problem?
A. She doesn’t work hard. B. She failed the chemistry test.
C. She feels nervous about the test.
7. What do we know about the boy from the conversation?
A. He studies hard every day. B. He is very smart. C. He is lucky in the test.
8. How many students in Betty’s class will take part in the dragon boat race?
A. Seven. B. Eight. C. Fifteen.
9. Where will Betty and her classmates go after the race?
A. To their school. B. To a restaurant. C. To a supermarket.
10. When did Mara compete in America’s Got Talent before?
A. At the age of 8. B. At the age of 9. C. At the age of 10.
11. Who encourages Mara to make her dream come true?
A. Her mother. B. Christina Aguilera. C. Her father.
12. What sports do Mara and her family usually do?
A. Basketball and tennis. B. Baseball and tennis. C. Basketball and baseball.
13. Where is the show?
A. In the Children’s Museum. B. In the Children’s Park. C. In the Children’s Palace.
14. What does the 9-year-old girl make?
A. A camera. B. A model ship. C. A model plane.
15. How will the speakers go to the show?
A. By subway. B. By bike. C. By bus.
16. Why do children look forward to Christmas?
A. Because they have candy. B. Because they receive gifts. C. Because they hang out.
17. What did Vince buy for his wife last Christmas?
A. A ring. B. A wallet. C. A watch.
18. What are popular gifts these days?
A. Toys. B. Flowers. C. Smart phones.
19. What do people like to do at Christmas?
A. Go to parties. B. Go traveling. C. Go shopping.
20. Where do people put Christmas trees?
A. In their homes or offices. B. In their yards. C. On their tables.
Star Language School
21. Students can borrow DVDs from the library and keep them .22. books are not allowed to be taken out of the library.
23. There is a small room on the second floor.
24. Students can buy hot and cold , sandwiches and chocolate in the cafe.
25. Students will a great old building in Warwick this Saturday.
26. —Jenny, do Chinese people celebrate ________ Easter Day?
—No. This is the first time I’ve celebrated ________ festival.
A. The; the? ?? B. the; a? ??? C. /; the? ? ?D. /; a
27. As we know, sky lanterns are covered ________ paper and the red paper cutting is cut ________ scissors.
A. with; with? B. with; in??? C. by; with? D. in; by
28. When Mary saw me, she didn’t say hello to me but went in the opposite ________.
A. request??? ? B. direction?? ? C. pattern? ?? D. situation
29. Linda did her best in the physics test, but she ________ it.
A. beat??? B. succeeded?????? C. passed? D. failed
30. GPS can ________ show where you are at any time and in any weather. A lot of drivers use it.
A. truly??? B. mostly??? C. exactly? D. probably
31. — interesting the story book is!
—Yes. I have read it twice
A. What a B. How a C. What D. How
32. The volunteers ________ a lot of help to the old and the young since 2010.
A. offered B. have offered C. are offering D. will offer
33. Don’t your clothes on the bed. Put them away.
A. call out B. lay out C. clear out D. give out
34. Grandma used in a small village, but now she has been used to in a big city.
A. to live; living B. live; live C. living; live D. living; living
35. The traffic signs warn people after drinking.
A. to drive B. not to drive C. driving D. don’t drive
36. —If we take a shower instead of a bath, more water .
—I agree with you.
A. has saved B. can save C. can be saved D. will be saving
37. —Are you going to Beijing for the summer holiday next week?
—Yes. But I haven’t got the air tickets and don’t know ________ we will set out.
A. how? ?? B. where? ?? C. when? ?? D. what
38. —I find it’s too hard to learn English.
—Don’t be too worried.________ you learn, ________ it will be.
A. The more; easier?????? ? B. The more; the easier
C. The early; the easy????? ? D. The much; the harder
39. —Can you spare time to come to our Thanksgiving party?
—Well, I don’t know ________.
A. that I can finish my work by then????? B. if can I finish the work by then
C. whether I can finish the work by then?? D. that can I finish the work by then
?40. —The game is too hard for me. I will certainly lose.
—________ You never say no before you try.
A. Come on!??? B. I’m sorry. ?? C. Forget it!? ?? D. Pardon me?
When I was 7 years old, I went to the USA with my mom. I can still? 41 the first Halloween holiday I had in the USA.
On the morning of Halloween, we 42 a pumpkin(南瓜)farm. Each of us brought a pumpkin to school? 43 us. I used my pumpkin to 44 a lantern which had two round eyes and a scary mouth.
In the afternoon, we? 45 the Halloween costumes(服装)and had a parade(游行)in school. Some of the costumes were funny, 46 some of them?looked scary. I 47 to wear a Superman costume.
I did a lot of things that day, but the part I liked? 48 was “trick or treat” in the evening. After dinner, I went outside with a bag. I 49 to get a lot of candies from my neighbors. At first, I was a bit 50 ,? so when I knocked at the first door, my 51 was beating very fast. A lady came out, and I said carefully to her, “Trick or treat.” My? 52 was very low, so low that I could hardly hear myself speak. To my surprise, the lady was so 53 that she gave?me two candies, and I was so excited. I 54 the lady and moved on. I can’t remember how many houses I visited, but I can remember how many? 55 I got－I got 91 that day, and I was so happy.
What a happy Halloween I had! And I wish we could have Halloween every month!
41. A. spend? ?? B. remind??? C. remember? ? D. enjoy
42. A. owned B. visited C. searched D. bought
43. A. to? ?? B. with??? C. for? ??? D. of
44. A. bring B. hang C. make D. shine
45. A. wore? ?? B. washed?? C. sold? ??? D. kept
46. A. or B. since C. so D. but
47. A. promised? ?? B. chose C. started? ?? D. continued
48. A. best? ?? B. worst??? C. longest? ?? D. shortest
49. A. offered? ? B. continued?? C. hoped? ?? D. refused
50. A. bored B. nervous C. shocked D. patient
51. A. fingers B. legs C. heart D. mind
52. A. height? ? B. wish??? C. price? ?? D. voice
53. A. funny? ?? B. kind??? C. active ??? D. smart
54. A. noticed B. encouraged C. reminded D. thanked
55. A. candies? ? B. houses??? C. cards? ?? D. presents
The New Four Great Achievements
High-speed trains, Alipay(支付宝), shared bikes and online payment are seen as the new Four Great Achievements of China by young foreigners, according to a video survey by the Silk Road Research Institute of Beijing Foreign Studies University. In the video, young people from 20 countries along Belt and Road Routes(一带一路) were asked to name great inventions that had influenced their lives in China. The following is what they said from four young people of them.
Justin I’m from Romania. China is really a great country and its high-speed railways are very fast, convenient and tidy. It takes me only 6 hours from Beijing to Shanghai by train. It saves a lot of time and it’s cheaper than airplane. I wish we would have high-speed railways in our country someday.
Yala I’m from Nepal. I always go out by bike. Bicycle-sharing system always allows people to borrow a bike from point “A” and return it at point “B”. it’s not only cheap but also a low-carbon and healthy way of life. I like it very much.
Archana My life in Beijing is quite different from that in India. Here in China, I seldom take money with me when I go out. I can pay for almost everything by Alipay. Oh, it’s amazing. However, in India, if you don’t take wallet with you, you’ll be in a tough spot.
Bond You can find many wonderful things that we don’t have in Thailand. We don’t have Alipay or other online payment Apps with which I can go shopping without stepping out of the doors. If only I could bring them back to my country!
56. What does Justin think of the high-speed railways in China according to his words?
A. Fast and tidy. B. Convenient and wonderful.
C. Cheap and amazing. D. Fast and expensive.
57. What do “A” and “B” refer to in Yala’s words?
A. Two countries. B. Two bikes. C. Two riders. D. Two places.
58. What does the underlined phrase “be in a tough spot” mean?
A. Get into trouble. B. Lose your way. C. Stay in silence. D. It’s a piece of cake.
59. Which of the following is true according to the above information?
A. Bicycle-sharing system provides bikes for free.
B. Foreigners can hardly pay for anything by Alipay in China.
C. There’re no high-speed railways in Romania now.
D. Alipay is the only way of paying for things.
60. What conclusion(结论) can we draw about the new four great achievements?
A. They were created by young foreigners.
B. They are the signs that China is improving rapidly.
C. They were brought to the countries along Belt and Road Routes.
D. The piece of news is from a famous newspaper.
To many students, joining social media(媒体）is more important than making new friends in real life. It’s changing the way of their communications.
If you have a mobile phone, you can download(下载)apps such as Weibo, Wechat and QQ.
“I love checking my friends’ updates(更新). I also enjoy sharing news on social media,” said Wu Wei, 14, from Hongling Middle School in Shenzhen. Because of enjoying these, we distance ourselves from real life. “I love playing games on Wechat, but have no interest in playing with my classmates,” said Wu.
Deng Yunyun, 14, from Jianfeng Middle School in Shanghai, said that social media had affected their life. Recently his school held a basketball match, and a student hurt his leg. Instead of giving him some help, some students were busy updating micro blogs about the accident.
What makes parents and teachers worried is safety. “Many students are happy to tell their interest and personal information to their social media friends. Such information could bring them danger,” said Han Songjun, a teacher at Hongling Middle School.
For example, Wechat’s shake-shake function allows users to connect to other users close by. But the police warn about the danger of making friends in this way. “Be careful. Don’t use the locating function in any apps, don’t give your name, and don’t post the photos of your house or school,” said a policeman.
No one could stop the development of social media. But as students, we should be careful and use it in a right way at a proper time.
61. What can we know about Wu Wei?
A. He is a teacher at Hongling Middle School.
B. He is a student at Jianfeng Middle School.
C. He likes playing games on Wechat a lot.
D. He doesn’t often check his friends’ updates.
62. The example in Paragraph 4 is given to show .
A. the basketball match was not successful
B. the students in the school aren’t friendly
C. the students care little about the accident
D. social media has affected the students’ life
63. What does the underlined word “function” mean In Chinese?
A. 结构 B. 功能 C. 目的 D. 结果
64. Which of the following is Not the policeman’s opinion according to the passage?
A. Don’t share any news on social media.
B. Don’t give your name of your house and school.
C. Don’t give your name on social media.
D. Don’t use the locating function on social media.
65. What does the writer mainly want to tell us?
A. Communicating face to face is important.
B. Social media can make our life funnier.
C. Social media is very popular with people.
D. Students should use social media carefully.
Thangka(唐卡) is a special kind of painting. It was found only in Tibet, China. It started from the Tang dynasty(唐朝) and was developed in the 7th century. Thangka paintings show Tibetan people’s lives. In recent years, thangka paintings have caught the public’s attention. At the same time, the Chinese government has also tried hard to protect the art.
The colors of thangka paintings look wonderful and special. Because of the special environment of Tibet and the excellent skills of artists, the paints(绘画颜料) used in thangka paintings are different from other paints. They were made from minerals(矿物) like gold and silver, as well as some plants. The paints were made by hand and the beautiful colors could last for hundreds of years.
However, with the development of technology, people now use cheaper and more easily-made chemicals to make thangka paints. The traditional paints used in thangka paintings took a lot of work and they were made in many secret ways. Later people stopped making the paints and forgot about them. So the skills needed to make them were almost lost. The traditional thangka paints are difficult to find now.
Thangka Paintings66. Thangka is a kind of art. It Tibetan people’s live.
67. It started from the Tang dynasty and in the 7th century.
68. The special environment of Tibet and the excellent skills of artists make Tang-ga paints other paints.69. The paints were made by hand and the beautiful colors could hundreds of years.70. Now people make thangka paints more than before with the development of technology.
It was the beginning of a new term. As a new teacher in that school, I didn’t know any of the students. A little girl was standing at the gate of the classroom. She looked very shy.
I walked up to her and asked A. she stood there. But she said nothing. Then a boy shouted, “She is from Grade Four, the worst student in her grade.” I looked at the little girl. She didn’t seem to be the smart kind. I understood why her teacher asked her to stay in Grade Three. I took her hand and let her into the classroom.
“Sit here. Now you are my student and I’m your teacher,” I said. She still said B.
but suddenly began to cry.
Later I learnt that her parents died in a car accident. She became sad and didn’t like talking to others after that.
She learnt very slowly. I gave her respect and never looked down upon her as I know everybody deserves(值得) respect. I helped her after school, and she was making progress little by little. As time went by, she was not so shy as before. At the end of term, she seemed to have forgotten all her sadness. She was not among the best students when she left that school, but at least, she was not that shy little girl any more.
In the following years, she would send me a card on each Thanksgiving Day. Three days ago, I received an invitation to her wedding. And now, I am at her wedding, and she is smiling brightly.
71. A. B.
72. A. It as though the little girl didn’t have a friend in her school.
B. With the teacher’s help, she all her sadness and had confidence in her life.
74. What do you think of the new teacher?
75. What can we learn from the passage?
wise quick wash away admire lay out warm put on
76. Confucius was a great thinker that Chinese people and respect him.
77. The of her smile made him calm down.
78. It’s very important for us to choose our friends .
79. Yesterday a heavy rain the small trees.
80. I really need to take more exercise because I’m weight.
Both Jim and his cousin the party yesterday. What a pity!
is a good way to improve your writing skills.
?? Do you know a WeChat group?
This song my happy childhood.
Red by the Chinese as a color of happiness.
要点提示：1. 这是你父母送给你的生日礼物；2. 中国制造，运行速度快；3. 可储存照片、音乐、电影等；4. 可利用它上网查资料、玩游戏等。
参考词汇：table computer, run fast, store lots of information, surf the Internet...
Yours, Li Rui
1. W: Do you learn English by surfing the Internet or listening to tapes?
M: Neither. I learn it only by reading the textbooks aloud.
W: Question, How does the boy learn English?
2. W: What can I do for you?
M: I’d like a pen. I want the cheapest one.
W: Question, Which pen will the boy want?
3. W: Excuse me, could you tell me the way to the Disneyland?
M: Yes, go straight and turn right. You’ll find it on the left. It is next to a library.
W: Question, Where does the girl want to go?
4. W:When is Mr. White’s speech?
M: It is at nine o’clock. But we should get to the hall at quarter to nine.
W: What time should the students get to the hall?
5. W: I used to love art, but now I like English. How about you?
M: I used to love art, too. But now I like math.
W: What subject did the two speakers use to like?
M: What’s your problem?
W: I am thinking of the chemistry test tomorrow. I am afraid that I can’t pass this time.
M: You’re been working very hard these days. I’m sure you will pass.
W: In fact, I always feel nervous as soon as I enter a test room.
M: Try to relax. Try deep breathing and you will not feel so nervous.
W: You seem to be well prepared for the test, don’t you?
M: Yes. I work hard every day, so I’m always ready for tests.
W: Nice talking with you. Have a good day!
M: Will you take part in the dragon boat race this afternoon, Betty?
W: Yes, seven girls and eight boys in my class will take part in the race.
M: Sounds great!
W: Yeah, after the race, we will go to the restaurant nearby to have a big dinner.
M: Huh, You must eat traditional food.
M: Why did you choose to compete in America’s Got Talent, Mara?
W: Well, America’s Got Talent actually called me because I had competed before, when I was 9. I guess they looked over those videos. They asked me to compete again.
M: How does it feel to be one of the youngest people on the show?
W: There are a lots of other people with more experience, but I just try to do my best.
M: Who is your hero or role model?
W: For singing, I admire Christina Aguilera, but a role model to me would be my mom. She encourages me to believe in my dreams.
M: What are other hobbies?
W: I love playing video games. I go to the park with my family, and we usually play basketball. We also like to play tennis.
W: Hi, Paul. What are you doing?
M: I’m reading a poster.
W: What is it about?
M: Here, take a look. It says there is a model show in the Children’s Palace. And all the works on show are made by students. See these cool pictures!
W: Yeah, wow! This model plane is made of wood. How creative!
M: This ship is very special. It’s made of cloth and it’s beautiful.
W: Look at the camera! It’s made by a nine-year -old girl. And it’s made of paper.
M: How clever she is! I’d like to make one by myself.
W: Me, too.
M: I will go and ask the girl to teach me how to make it.
W: Can I go with me?
M: Sure. Let’s take a bus to go there now.
Christmas is a holiday celebrated all over the world. Of course, children especially look forward to it because they can get gifts. If they’re young, they love to get toys. Older children get other types of gifts. Even adults give gifts to each other. For example, my friend Vince bought a ring for his wife on Christmas last year. And his wife bought a watch for him. These days smart phones are popular as gifts. But gifts are just part of Christmas. Most people like to go shopping at that time. People also like to see colored lights on buildings and trees. Some people even buy Christmas trees to put in their homes or offices. It’s a fun time of the year.
Good morning, and welcome to Star Language School. I hope you will have a good time. First, let me tell you about the school. On the first floor, there is a library. The library has lots of books and and DVDs. You can take the reading books and DVDs home with you and you can keep them for two weeks. You can’t borrow grammar books. You can only use them in the library.
On the second floor, there is a small computer room. It’s often busy, so you should sign up to use it. The booking form is on the door. In the ground floor there is a small cafe where you can buy hot and cold drinks, sandwiches and chocolate. You may be interested in our activity program. We organize trips every Saturday. This week, there will be a trip to Warwick that you can see a great old building in. If you want to go on this trip, please speak to Susan in the office.
1—5 CAABB 6—10 CACBB 11—15 AACAC 16—20 BACCA
21. two/ 2 weeks 22. Grammar 23. computer 24. drinks 25. visit
26—30 CABDC 31—35 DBBAB 36—40 CCBCA
41—45 CBBCA 46—50 DBACB 51—55 CDBDA
55—60 ADACB 61—65 CDBAD
66. special...shows 67. was developed 68. different from 69. last for
70. cheaply and easily
71. why...nothing 72. seemed...forgot 73. 随着时间的流失，她不像以前那样害羞了。
74. The teacher was kind / friendly/ warm...
75. Everyone deserves respect and everyone can be happy.
76. admire 77. warmth 78. wisely 79. washed away 80. putting on
81. were absent from 82. Keeping a dairy in English 83. How to create
84. reminds/ reminded me of 85. is usually used
Last year my parents gave me a table computer as a birthday gift. It is made in China. It runs fast and can store lots of information, such as pictures, music and movies. I often surf the Internet and get some useful information about my subjects. Sometimes, I can play videos games, listen to pop music or watch movies on it. With the help of it, I have increased much knowledge of computers, and my life has become more and more interesting.
Yours, Li Rui
71—72小题, 按空给分，每空1分，与本答案相符, 可给满分。除上述答案外，如有其它答案，符合试题要求，确实正确，经商定后可给分。
73—75小题，与本答案相符, 可给满分。 如有其它表述，符合试题要求，经商定后可给分。
4. 句子的整体结构、动词的时态、语态用法错误的每项各扣1分，不重复扣分；单词拼写、标点符号和大小写满4个扣1 分，不重复扣分。